4.8 Rating On Google Reviews™
This was a reroof we carried out in Urmston, Manchester. The reroof was only to the
front roof section due to ongoing leaks and water ingress showing on the front
bedroom ceiling. A previous reroof of the property 30yrs before had seen all the
decent salvaged slates reinstated onto the back roof and the 2 storey outrigger
roof. The remaining slates which were more degraded and brittle were then used on
the front elevation along with reclaimed slates of various sizes and widths, causing
lap on lap joints to occur at various points on the roof. Attempts had then been
made to silicone these joints and put bits of plastic beneath the joints to stop the
inevitable ingress of water.
Once we had stripped the roof and sorted through the slates that should have been on the roof from the larger slates that we could cut down and use again, and throwing the slates that were damaged or not fit for purpose we were left with around 60% of the slates needed to carry out the reroof. Reclaimed slates were then purchased and installed to make up the remaining 40% of the roof surface. The roof is now back in perfect working order with each slate course back on its original half lap bond.
Copyright © 2019 dm4roofing.co.uk. All Rights Reserved.